Back in March I asked for help with knowing what to do with my little Adyson and what our pediatricians diagnosed as mild eczema. I took some of your suggestions with creams and lotions. Since then I have taken her to see a different pediatrician and got a prescription for Elidel(expensive stuff), which you may have seen on TV, I hadn't. But after a few applications Adyson's skin had a bad reaction. I stopped using it. Jess has been really concerned so he look up a child dermatologist in our insurance network and made an appointment for Adyson.
My first appointment I felt so stupid when after telling him what I had been doing to try to help her eczema, things like only bathing her a few times a week and the many lotions and Vaseline I was applying twice a day. He simply told me to stop all the lotions and junk, to bath her everyday with a bar of soap (he gave me a sample of Dove's sensitive skin soap) and he gave me a prescription for Desoximetaone cream(so cheap) or prescription grade cortisone to apply once a day after her bath. Seriously after one day Adyson's skin was all cleared up! Her skin is still dry but no more redness or cracking. It looks ten fold better. Amazing. So simple. Why didn't I think of it? Like I said I felt pretty silly to have a doctor tell me I need to bath my baby everyday. Especially since I was putting so much stuff on her skin everyday. Common sense should have told me that you need to wash all that stuff off her skin. Nope, I had to pay a doctor $50 to tell me this.
I have been back to see him a few times and we will continue seeing him. He has since given me a few samples of lotions to try and tackle the dryness problem and another prescription for an antihistamine to help with the itching discomfort Adyson is experiencing. We have discovered that without Adyson's bath and Desoximetaone cream everyday she immediately starts to get red and inflamed eczema again. We have to be religious with the regiment.
Thanks, for all your help, Mommies and I hope some of what I learned will help some of you too.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Monday, June 2, 2008
Update on Eczema
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is good to know. I know Lily has that problem, so maybe Amy can take something from this.
Thanks for sharing that Mary! I'll have to try that with Lily.
Post a Comment