The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Raining

Just a random question..we have been having a lot of rain here lately and I have been trying to think of things to do inside to entertain my little guy! Does anyone have any cute ideas that would be good for a 2 1/2 year old? Due to the rain he is tired of all the inside stuff we have and wants to go outside to play on his swing set but can't!! Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!!

5 comments:

Micha said...

One thing my kids love to do is put on a concert. We find some sturdy furniture to stand on, turn on some good music, grab a hairbrush, and get to singing. The silly stuff that we come up with it so much fun!

S. Gibson said...

My boys love to build forts. We usually take all of the blankets we can find and make the living room a giant fort. They also love having 'movie days', I know it's not very original, but I let each of them pick their favorite movie and we pop popcorn and make hot chocolate, turn off all of the lights, and get cozy together on the couch. We also did a lot of baking during the winter when it snowed. My kids love to 'help' me make cookies. Good luck, being couped up with a toddler can be hard!

Walker family said...

This one is not very original either but if it's raining with no thunder or lightning I sometimes let me kids go outside and play in the rain, they really love it.

Hide n seek is always fun.

Katie said...

Here's a few things we do and some things have already been mentioned: playing in the rain, building forts, baking, making crafts, reading together, playing games, hide and seek, playdoh, coloring and anything you do with your kids I'm sure they'll love.

Alisa said...

Something that Tye and Kenadie LOVE is playing in their "ball pit." I actually got the idea from Katie, but I have a small blow up kiddie pool, and Michael and I found some 1/2 price soft plastic balls that we pour in there. They love it!!!