The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tooth infection

I think that one of Kenadie's molars that is coming in may be infected. Has anyone dealt with this and have any good tips? I thought it just flared up, but my observant dad said he noticed on a picture in my family blog from a couple of weeks ago. Sure enough, I went back, and you can see it. I gave her tylenol and advil this evening and she is much happier, but I am wondering if I should take her to the doctor. Any suggestions??

5 comments:

Mary said...

Gosh, I don't know, Alisa. I haven't even ever heard of babies getting infection while teething,I guess it happens though. I would definitely call your doctors office or a dentist and ask them some questions. I'd just tell them you are concerned and want to know what to do. Try to get as much as you can out of them before taking her in because there is nothing worse than going to the doctor to find out there is nothing they can do for you or her.

What makes you think it's infected? Gums can swell and bleed during the teething process...could it just be that?

Alisa said...

Could be...it is quite large in the area, though. And there is a little hole that looks like it is scabbed over or something...it is not like anything I have ever seen. I guess I will try the doctor.

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I would take her to the dentist ASAP. Travis had an infection and I kept giving him medicine thinking it would go away... well, he had to have the tooth pulled and now he has a fake tooth.

Hartmans said...

as a dental hygienist...I would concur with the others...get her to a DDS (dentist). They will know more than your pediatrician. NOt that the pedi couldn't know, but that is the DDS's profession. You may end up going in for them to say they can't do anything, but that is better than not going in and needing something drastic done. PREVENTION is huge!

Katie said...

I agree w/ the Allison and Teresa. I would get her to a dentist asap. That's not normal. Both of my kids had problems w/ teething-very swollen gums and bleeding, but not like what you're describing. It's definitely better to be safe than sorry on this!!! I've never heard of teeth coming in and have a scab there.... keep us posted on how she's doing and what you find out.