I hope the family that this happened to does not mind me sharing it, but I thought we may all receive inspiration from the mother's strength. I found this through a friend of Amy's blogs.
On Saturday, the family buried their 1 year old daughter who had tragically drowned in the family spa...that they had only had for 5 days. I don't know this family, but I had tears streaming down my face as I read the mother's account throughout this ordeal. The daughter was on a ventilator for a short time, but never regained consciousness. The mother turned to Christ in this time of utter despair, and although she allows herself time alone to cry in the mornings and evenings, she has been so strong. She believes whole heartedly in eternal families, and knows that her beloved Camille has a higher mission to fulfill and they will all be together again one day. She has 3 other daughters that she must stay strong for, and I truly admire her. If you would like to read about her, her blog is adailyscoop.blogspot.com.
I hope and pray that if any of us have to endure this type of pain, we will have the faith to ask God for the strength to endure. Many of us have trials on all different levels, but with the help of Christ and our Father in Heaven, we will be able to endure them. That doesn't mean it will not hurt, but we know that we will feel that sweet peace when we allow Christ to carry the load.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Sunday, June 22, 2008
When tragedy strikes...
Posted by Alisa at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When I read about Camille, I too had tears in my eyes. I cannot imagine the pain her family is going through. But, her mother has certainly set a wonderful example for all of us of how to grieve, yet not forget Christ's hand in each of our lives. I know that He will continue to bless them and lift them up during this terrible time of loss.
I'm at a loss for words! I can NOT imagine what this sweet mother is feeling and going through. What a wonderful example she is, as she's finding her strength through the Lord and the Savior. As a mother, I can't imagine what it would be like not knowing that families are forever. Knowing that would be the source of strength to get you through day to day. Still, I can't imagine!
I like what both Alisa and Amy have said. It's so true.
I have had tears streaming down my face as I have just read their blog. I am so amazed at the strength and the inspiration that she has! I hope that I would be as strong as she is if I had to face something like that. That's so amazing. I really admire her!!
When I read that strong woman's blog I was crying the entire time. I don't even know this family but it makes me think of my own little girl. It is so sad what happened. I don't know if i could be that strong. I hope she knows that she is an inspiration.
This families story is so sad. They have so much strength that I do not think I'd have in such a situation. They are so brave to share this experience and the experiences they are having daily with others. I hope they know what strength it gives others in many different kinds of struggles to read all the many messages. I feel strengthen and I have no experiences that come close to this level of tragedy.
Post a Comment