Here goes nothing... So most of you have figured out by now that I am not afraid to put what I am feeling out there for everyone else to scrutinize. I do it in hopes that I may in fact be dealing with things that others are, and they may benefit from it, too. With that being said, I will just go for it and talk about boob jobs.
I have never been unhappy with my bust size. I am a tiny person, and have never been well endowed, but what I had fit my body...plus I was "perky!" I knew that I may not have a lot, but what I did have, was quite nice if I do say so myself. I did not have a problem finding bras to fit me, and the "uplift" ones would give me nice cleavage. I was quite content. Then, 3 straight years of pregnancies and breastfeeding later, I am barely an A-cup, and the top is flat as a pancake. So, even if I did use an uplift, there is nothing there to lift! So, I struggle now with this option of having plastic surgery and getting breasts. I already look like I am 12, and it does not help that I have a 12 year old boy's front. I am very self-conscious, and am very unhappy with them. Michael supports me in whatever my decision, but has even offered to take on a second job for a couple of months to pay for it (well, he knows he'll benefit, too...lol). Taking money out of the equation, there are so many pros and cons. I don't want people to look at me as superficial. I don't want to wake up 20 years from now and regret it. I am just really torn...so, I decided to be very brave, and share this with all of you in hopes that I can get some honest feedback. Let me know if you look at people differently that have had them done, or if you think it is just not a moral thing to do. Any feedback...good and bad...is appreciated. I am really wanting some help on this. If you don't want to comment for others to see, feel free to email me @ alisavasquez@yahoo.com. Thanks everyone and I hope you all don't think I am shallow and superficial now!
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Breast Augmentation
Posted by Alisa at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Alisa...I think that if it will help you feel more confident then go for it! If they are not making you feel good about yourself then do something about it. I have had this thought too but in the other direction...mine are TOO big!! LOL!!! I want to get mine reduced...if Micheal supports you then I think you should do what will make you feel good about yourself. I have known many people that have gotten them and no one has regretted it. I don't think you are shallow or immoral for wanting this done. I think that people that want it done just to fit it may be but if it is to make you feel more confident you have my support! luv ya!
I have to agree. You are not immoral or shallow. I have thought about it too. I want one! I just worry about the surgery part which is probably mostly because I have never had surgery and it seems scary and dangerous. But too the point I think 19 year olds getting a breast job is shallow and ridiculous but a...what are you 30?...year old Mom who has been breastfeeding and has giving so much of her body to your children and to the Lord's plan, that a Breast Augmentation is a great idea to do something for yourself. Something that will make you feel great about you image and self.
Some people may judge and think you are shallow but it's only because they have not had you experiences and do not understand.
Johnsons-just a little side note to you, I have a friend who just got a breast reduction in April and says she is 120% happy with the procedure and it has totally changed her life for the better in so many ways.
Okay, so for now I am completely satisfied with myself, but I know that could change...SO, on that note....I have two sisters...one who wasn't big enough and one who was too big. Both had their respective surgeries and both are thrilled with the results thus far. Kristina is still recovering from her reduction, but is glad to know that she won't have back issues later on as a result. We are sure her cup size right now, but we think she went from a double D to a large B or small C. I say to the both of you...it isn't immoral or wrong to want to have a little more self confidence. Don't get too caught up on what others think anyway!:) GLad to hear Kenadie's tooth is getting better!
I don't think you're being immoral or shallow. Pregnancy and breastfeeding have changed your body and you just want to get things back to normal. That being said, it is a big decision and certainly you would do lots of research in advance. Just remember that you want to make sure you're doing this for the right reason, not because you think it would make life wonderful. I know you wouldn't do that anyway. If you decide to do it, then don't worry about others judging you because it's really not their business (this includes family) However, if you have the nerve to do it, then you need to tell Michael that he may need to get three jobs to pay for my surgery too! LOL I mean, if you had the surgery, then I would be sooo jealous. ;) Good luck with your decision. Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!
I totally had a huge thing written and some how deleted everything I wrote. So, here goes again.
I think that's great Alisa! I think you should go for it. Excuse me for being blunt, but screw what people think. Someone in the world will always judge you no matter what. You do things because it makes you feel better and don't worry what someone thinks.
I know a lot of my friends who have had reductions and Augmentations done and have loved them! I say you go for it!!! Do something that makes you feel good. I know Bryan and I have talked about it a lot for me. There's just something about very saggy boobs that doesn't make me feel great at all. Boobs change after pregnancy and breast feeding.
You're far from shallow and superficial. To me, that's when someone with already big boobs wants bigger boobs for show or a teenager getting a boob job done.
I know it's a scary thing and it will be painful for a few weeks, but everyone I know who has had work done has been very happy with their augmentations. I'll call you and tell you about someone whom you know or Michael does who's wife had one and she loves it! She feels so much better about it. She totally recommends it.
For the record, I meant to say I wanted to do a reduction and firm mine up. Post pregnancy I was a DD and now I don't know what I am and nothing supports them or helps them up.
Two, I deleted my double post (hence the comment deleted).
Hey Alisa! Bravo for your bravery. Speaking about body insecurities is never easy - especially the realm of corrective surgery. I have to concur with everyone else. I think every woman (after pregnancies especially) loses a lot of self confidence in their appearance. We all dream about things we could do to make it better. I hope that after I have my kids and lose the weight, that I can get some work done, myself! (More of the reduction, though.)
My reccommendation is to make up a pro and con list. Then, pray about whatever inclination you're leaning towards. Then, research, research, research. And, then, if it all falls into place, DO IT and don't worry about anything else.
Hi Alisa,
This is Kathy-I just started blogging a month or so ago, and I found your blog from Tonya. I say, if you want it, go for it. I had some plastic surgery a year and a half ago, and my only regret was not doing it sooner. It didn't hurt one bit, and I was back to work in a week, and although I didn't try to keep it a secret, most people couldn't even tell. I plan on having more, too, when I'm done having children. Houston has some great doctors, too (that's where I went). I love your blogs, too. Give your family a big hug for me.
My suggestion is to make sure that things will still be working when it's all done. Can you still breast fead after? I don't really know. Like a few of you, I wouldn't mind a few things tightened, reduced, etc. It's a big decision. All the risks have to be weighed and that's no small job. Ultimately, it's your choice. Make sure whatever you choose, you can live with it.
I love that you wrote about this because I have those very same questions and issues(you and I talked about this while you were visiting). Mine are completely deflated and oh so lovely, but surgery really, really terrifies me. I love all of this feedback, but my biggest concern is what klevrkris said 'make sure you can live with it'. What if I go through all of the pain to do it and then it's not what I thought it was going to be or I'm still not happy with them. There's no going back, really. What I really want is for them to be back to the way they were and what if the surgery doesn't give me the result I'm expecting.
Anyway, I understand how you feel and have thought about this so many times for myself. I love the pancake description, it gives a perfectly accurate visual.
As for people's judgements, I agree with what everyone else said, and really, if you are just trying to firm them up a little and go back to original size, most people might not even be able to tell unless you actually told them. People may judge, but you know that's part of it, no one can really understand how it affects your self esteem unless they have been in a similar situation.
Ok... I am such a feminists... I would never get a boob job because I know I would only be doing it for a man... Our patriarchal society has set certain ideals for every woman to follow and want... It is normal for a tiny person like yourself to have a smaller chest... I do have friends that have boob jobs and I do not judge them for there decisions for having them... but as for me... I would not even think about it... If it makes you feel better for yourself... then I suppose do it.. but ask yourself this... Are you really doing it for yourself?
Post a Comment