The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 20, 2007

Work outs....non-existant.

I know I just had a baby less than three months ago but I am still frustrated at the fact that I can't wear over half of my old clothing. I wish I was lucky enough to not have to do anything to get back to my "original" shape. Has anymore found a good routine to squeeze work outs into the day? I actually bought a treadmill just after Adyson was born and have only used it a few times, I need motivation. I am a true believer that it helps me and maybe you too feel better about my life and situation. It a good "me time" and to let out any frustrations.

8 comments:

Walker family said...

Ok, so right after doing this post Adyson fell asleep and I put a movie on for Avery and decided to make myself work-out but less than 10 minutes and Adyson is crying and Avery's climbing on the treadmill. I have realized why I don't try to exercise more often...because of this. And if anything I just get more frustrated at how much motherhood takes away from doing thing I enjoy.

Alisa said...

I hear you, Mary. I had Kenadie a couple of weeks before you, and I am going backwards. Last week, I fit into a pair of jeans I bought after Tye was born, and I put them on yesterday and couldn't button them. I think I want to try some of these exercises in these magazines. You know, the ones that you just lay on the floor and do stuff for your abdomen and thighs. Honestly, with Adyson crying, you may have to put her in a room and close a door. Kenadie is screaming downstairs and down the hall, and I can still hear her. I will probably end up back down there in a couple of minutes, but for now, she is screaming. I am not used to that. Tye was such a good baby, and when Kenadie is not being held, she is crying. It can get extremely stressful. I know I need to listen to my suggestions, too, but I think we are going to have to take some time out for ourselves, or we will end up snapping one day. I don't know. Oh--all those times I kept saying not to let your babies sleep with you, yeah, I am eating my words and I will publicly apologize. It is the only way I can get Kenadie to sleep. So, Michael sleeps upstairs, and us downstairs. Let me tell you what that does for a marriage...not a lot.

S. Gibson said...

Ugh, working out. I even went as far as to join a gym with daycare and everything, but when I actually do go (which is not a lot) my kids won't stay in the daycare part. They always end up finding me because Luke won't stop crying. Last month I got 10 minutes in on the treadmill before they found me, I guess at least it's 10 minutes though. I also have a pilates video that I like a lot, but I have to do it before the kids wake up or else Jacob is sharing the foot of the mat with me and Luke is my pillow.

Amy said...

Well, back when school was still in session, a friend and I were walking a couple of miles, a couple of days a week at a local park. But that has totally gone to the wayside since summer began. For one thing, it's too hot and besides, the idea of taking 5 kids with us to walk the track just doesn't sound appealing. Then I thought I would start doing power yoga with some of the ladies at church on Thursday nights. I went a couple of times and then I found out that they were going to have to change our yoga times to during early morning seminary once school starts. Well, there's no way that I will be able to make it to the church at that time of the morning when I'm trying to get two kids ready for school. Now that I know I can't go to yoga during the school year, I've lost all incentive to go during the remainder of the summer meetings. Pathetic, huh? I really do need to get motivated to do something. I think it's almost impossible to work out when you have a baby or toddlers or both at home. Been there, done that. If I remember correctly, the only time I did manage to exercise was after everyone was in bed for the night. Of course, I didn't even bother until my babies could sleep through the night because who wants to use up all their rest time doing ab crunches. I wish I could be of more help to all of you, but just know that it will get better. At some point, all your children will sleep through the night and your sleep deprivation days will be behind you. It's hard when you're right in the middle of it, though.

Katie said...

I think we forget this and this what my OBGYN told me-we were pregnant for 10 months and it takes about that long to really get back to yourself again. That includes how you feel and your shape. I love my doctor, she made me feel a bit better about not being back to myself.

Alisa said...

I have heard what Katie said before. In fact, it was on one of those makeover shows or something like that. So, what happens at that magical 10 month mark are you aren't wearing your old clothes?? That is what I would be afraid of. I think that would make me even more frustrated. I think what Amy suggested about walking with a friend is a good idea. Problem with me, though, is that my nearest friend is a cow in the next field!!! lol!! No, actually I have my mom next door, so we could walk together. I think if you found a partner, neither of you would want to let the other down, so it may actually happen. And we need to all utilize our husbands. I know they work all day, also, but it is OUTSIDE the home. We need a change of scenery, even if just for 15 minutes. He can watch the kids, and we can go for a walk, or shut the door and exercise. Take time for yourself...if we could all do that each day, imagine what an impact it would have on our emotions.

Bingham Bunch said...

Well, y'all know me.....I get up at 4:45 a.m. and workout until 6:00 a.m. on the track so that I can be back to get my kids off to school and Bart off to work. I run 3 - 4 miles and then do a 10 minute abs, butt, thigh routine. I will tell you this.....getting started is the hardest part. If you can be consistent for a month, I have found it becomes an addiction. I feel wiped out most mornings when that alarm goes, even dizzy and barely able to stand :o) but once I get out and run, I feel awesome. I also get more done during the day because I'm up and sleep better at night. I do have a friend that comes with me in the morning and that has been my saving grace because I know she's counting on me! Give your body time, childbirth is a TRAUMA! Besides, I think all of you are beautiful girls.

Walker family said...

Andrea, I have ALWAYS thought of you as my hero! Up before the break of dawn getting that jog in. I see you doing it and feel hope, I want to do it too.