The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 20, 2007

Today I had took Kenadie to the ENT specialist to have him look at her tongue. The part that connects her tongue to the bottom of her mouth was too close to the end...ANKYLOGLOSSIA. I went by myself thinking that he would just look at her, but he went ahead and took some numbing spray and a pair of scissors and snipped about an inch or so. (No, I did not watch.) I had 2 doctors and a nurse check on me several times (the nurse said I was pale.) They were more worried about me than Kenadie. Supposedly they can deal with it much better than we can. She was a trooper, though, and now has a new toy in her mouth! She sticks out her tongue and moves it all around! Nursing is also tons better already and she has only nursed once since she had it done!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad that the procedure went well and that Kenadie is already benefiting from it. I'm glad that Tye is enjoying having my girls around. I miss all of you very much and I can't wait to see y'all on Thursday! Give everyone a big hug from me. Tell my girls that I love them and will see them very soon.

Katie said...

You are a trooper! I would have been freaking out. I guess we're blessed as mom's to handle things we never thought we could! I'm glad she's doing well and you too from that.

S. Gibson said...

I don't even like to watch my kids get their shots. ANKYLOGLOSSIA sounds like a kind of dinosaur :). (Do you think I am a mom of boys or what)??