The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Special Needs Children

I am sure Amy will not mind me sharing that she has a daughter with special needs. She can tell everyone a little about it, but Lily is almost 5, and demands much attention. If anyone else knows anyone with special needs children, invite them to join the blog. Amy does correspond with other mothers with similar circumstances, but we seem to be pretty candid. It also puts things into perspective for me. My trials are so small compared to what she deals with all the time. Challenges are different for different people, though, and I have to remember to not get down on myself for not being able to cope with what I have to and not compare myself to her. You can visit her link and see her beautiful daughters and learn about them!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Alisa, don't ever feel like your trials are small compared to mine. Like you said, everyone faces different trials in life. Besides, I admire you for being able to handle having two babies so close together and to endure such difficult pregnancies. I'm not sure I could deal with that particular "trial". I have my days where I have "pity parties" for myself, but then I realize that even though Lily has brought unique challenges to my life, she has also taught me things that I couldn't have learned any other way. I also know that you will learn things from Tye and Kenadie that you were meant to learn. As difficult as trials can be, they are certainly tailor-made by our Heavenly Father for each of us individually. You are a strong, wonderful mom, even on those days when you feel like you aren't, and Kenadie and Tye are so blessed to have you as their mother. Never forget that.