I enjoyed this talk by President Gordon B. Hinkley and I think some of you may enjoy it too. Some things I got out of it were: You will never know the impact and good you do, Seek the blessings and rewards, and I love Hinkley's humor.
To the Women of the Church President Gordon B. Hinckley
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for posting this Mary! I love his talks and this a great one. Another great person who gives great talks and makes me feel so good from hearing her or reading her books is Sheri Dew.
I love that talk! Thanks for reminding me about it. I think it's something we should all read from time to time, especially when we're feeling down. That talk is another testimony to my heart that our Heavenly Father truly loves each of us and sends his love through our latter-day prophets. It's amazing to me that President Hinckley knows exactly what to say to women from many different walks of life. Even though he has never been a wife or a mother, he truly has insight into what our lives are like and the encouraging words we need to hear.
That was an amazing talk. He is such an amazing man! I think I will print this and refer to it often. I like what he said to the single mothers, to pray in their closets, let the tears flow, but smile around everyone else. I think as mothers we have to do this. The burden we bear is heavy, and we must take the opportunity down on our knees to let the tears flow, but show nothing but strength and happiness to our children and others around us. (If anyone knows how to do this...let me know...)
President Hinckly is amazing! I am printing this talk out.
Post a Comment