Congrats to Amy for surviving the first day of school! (Well, the first half of it anyway!) Allison and Andrea have some in school, so if they started, congrats to you two, also! I think I will be one of those moms kicking and screaming when they tell me to go away (and Tye waves bye because he found "new" friends!)
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, congrats a hundred fold! School will be so difficult for me. It's a sign of our babies not being babies. Independence from mom is a hard thing to deal with.
I have been thinking of preschool for Avery, I think it may help her to not being so bored with me. But I don't know the first thing about preschool. Seasoned moms what do I need to know?
Well, I survived getting my girls to school today. I think they should hand out tranquilizers or something after the first morning of a new school year. I was in the car for an hour dropping them off. We don't live far at all from either school, but the traffic was terrible. Thankfully, they were both there on time. Lily's first day went well. I hope Natalie's did too. It was her first day of 5th grade, which is on a new campus. She was very nervous. She's still got 40 minutes left of her school day. I'm not looking forward to fighting the traffic madness again this afternoon. Lily is in special ed preschool, so she only stays 3 hours. As far as Mary's question about preschool, I think it depends on the child. Natalie wasn't in preschool and she did fine. She and I tried to do things during the day on occasion with one of my friends who had young children too. We also used to go to the library for story time and to a children's learning/play center in a local mall. She didn't seem to miss out on anything by not attending preschool. I know there are some kids though that really benefit from it and their mom's benefit too. It's always something you could try and if it doesn't work out, then it's not a big deal.
Yup, Travis is in Kindergarten and Kinsey is in Pre-school. Thanks for the shout out!
Post a Comment