The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 20, 2007

Helping Words

How nice to have a safe forum to be real as moms and women facing the challenges of raising happy healthy families and keeping ourselves included in the happy, healthy part. I have increased love for all of you for being willing to take the risk of sharing personal sorrows and triumphs. Having been back and forth between the realms of moments of complete satisfaction in life and in the depths of such sorrow, even to the point of seriously considering suicide, I have found that the difference has to do with the willingness I have to lean on family and close friends. I am looking forward to learning from all of you, as I have admired all of you for each of your gifts, talents, and sensitivity. One of my favorite quotes from Henry Ward Beecher reminds me of all of you...."A helping word to one in trouble is often like a switch on a railroad track. An inch between wreck and smooth, rolling prosperity."

******

Drop a stone into the water--
In a moment it is gone,
But there are a hundred ripples
Circling on and on and on--
Say a word of cheer and splendor--
In a moment it is gone
But there are a hundred ripples
Circling on and on and on.

~Anonymous

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Hi Andrea...I am glad that you are going to be a part of this with us. I really want this to spread, so if you know of any other moms that may want to join, please let me know. We can deal with all of these stuggles together and be better mothers and women for it.

Katie said...

I love what you wrote Andrea! I couldn't have said it better. I think what Alisa's doing is something everyone needed to do, but never do it. I think this will bring us closer together and help all of us. It's the perfect place we can come and not be judged.

S. Gibson said...

I think that it's sad that many times we go through these things and feelings and no one around us has any idea because we don't feel like we can share it. I love you and loved your words. That is a beautiful poem, I'm going to put it on my fridge.