The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Phone calls...

Is it bad that I would rather post on here than pick up the phone??? I just made a long comment to Amy's sensitive situation, instead of calling. I received 2 phone calls yesterday and have yet to return them. I hope no one takes offense to it, ever. Sometimes I just can't talk on the phone!! Does anyone else ever get like that?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Actually, I was just thinking how sad it was that I posted my last whine session instead of just calling you. I'm not offended at all because sometimes I feel the same way. It's not a problem when my kids are at school, but once they're home it seems like I can hardly hear or concentrate on what the other person is saying. So anyway, I completely agree with you that sometimes posting is just easier. Also, some things are easier to "type" than to "say".

Mary said...

Alisa, I am the exact same way. Jess and my families give us such a hard time about never answering our phones. I just sometimes don't feel like talking, even a little anti-social. You are not the only one who dislikes talking on the phone.

It's amazing how much all of us are alike! It's like we are all thinking the same things just at different times in our lives.

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I detest the phone! If you want to chat, send me an email or ping me on IM!

Katie said...

Oh gosh Alisa, you should never feel bad! I'm the same way most of the time. Don't worry about offending anyone. That's nothing to get offended about. I think most all of us are like that.

Bingham Bunch said...

The phone is an evil instrument! I pick up the phone and it functions like a magical wand......casting a spell over my children. Suddenly they feel the need to first, hang on my legs and whine--demanding food, water, toys, games, etc.
Me: "Mommy's on the phone, please go play for a little bit until I'm finished."

A while later......all toilets are clogged, all trashbags are pulled out with trash scattered everywhere, EVERY toy is out, my purse is picked through and contents scattered throughout the house and in Jennaveve's dress up purses, red kool-aid is spilled on the table top and dripping through the crevices of the leaves onto the floor, the microwave is running with who-knows-what being cooked inside it, and some very indignant children looking at me saying, "Well....you said not to bother you!" I agree with everyone else--answer and talk if it's a good time for you and if not THAT'S OKAY! :o) Thank goodness we have computers!

S. Gibson said...

I totally agree with all of you! I usually can only make phone calls when I'm in the car driving and my children are strapped down. I love how you described it Andrea! That is hilarious and totally true.