What's your opinion?
Okay, so hypothetically speaking, say you have two kids - a boy and a girl. You are done having kids and think the two you have are great. However, your husband doesn't want another now, but wants to keep the possibility open for the future because he's pretty sure he wants at least 3 kids. Who wins? Does the wife who has to birth the children and care for them, or the husband that can't imagine his life with only two kids? Is there a compromise to this situation? Your thoughts? ;)
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Monday, September 17, 2007
Hypothetical Situation...
Posted by Allison @ House of Hepworths at 11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, this is a tough question. I think it's something that many couples struggle with though. Here's my two cents, for what it's worth: I don't think that a mom should HAVE to have another baby just because her husband wants another one. I mean, only a woman knows whether she can mentally/physically handle having another baby. Keeping that in mind, I also don't think that it hurts to keep an open mind that maybe in the future it might be something to be considered. I think it's something that both spouses need to be on the same page about. It would create serious marital problems if one spouse felt that they had to add another baby to the family just to make the other spouse happy. I know the situation can go either way. There are moms who want more kids and husbands who say they're done. It really does need to be a joint decision that is reached through much prayer and with much consideration on how it would affect the entire family.
Wow-that's hard. I agree with what Amy said. I know you and I have talked about this before too. You know exactly how I feel about it.
i say pray about it! don't do anything permanent. try an iud or something and wait until you get the right answer. it would be so sad if you did something permanent and then five years down the road felt sad because you feel like someone is missing. your husband may feel inspired. instead of making it a battle of the sexes ask for the inspiration!
Everyone has had great comments. I actually just had an IUD inserted and it is good for 5 years. Right now, Michael says absolutely no more kids because of my mental health, and he actually wanted a vasectomy. I was so sure I didn't want any kids until it came down to him about to make an appointment, and I am not ready to close the door on the idea. So, we compromised with the IUD, and we will discuss kids again once Tye is in school, if I am mentally and emotionally ready to handle another pregnancy and child.
Post a Comment