The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 17, 2007

Girls Retreat

A couple of weeks ago Alisa brought up planning a girls retreat. I think it is a wonderful idea and I also think we can make it so cost effective, which was a huge concern with everyone, that any one who wants to come and join in the fun will be able to. Here were my ideas...of course I would still need to investigate cost which would also depend upon how many are willing to commit.

It was brought up that Sara is about the furthest anyone lives. So I thought that if Danny gets another internship in Austin next summer we could all drive to the coast for a weekend. I know this is many months(more than 6)away but it'll give everyone more than enough time to save. Sara, is this a possibility?

Now this idea is totally up in the air till I can speak with my grandfather, who has been out of the country the last few weeks, but he has a cabin in Colorado and I thought it was close enough to drive for most of us. And we'd be able to buy food, cook, just hang out, play games, watch movies, and other very cheap things.

Tell us your thoughts and ideas and if you are even seriously interested.

8 comments:

S. Gibson said...

We aren't sure yet about where we will be this summer. Danny is in the interview process right now, but it really is up in the air. I think that we'll know in a month or so (hopefully).

Alisa said...

Thanks Mary!! I was sad when no one seemed to actually want to go through with what we all keep saying! I think next summer would be good...it gives us all plenty of time to save. If Sara is still in Utah, maybe we could take a road trip there. Or what about California? Maybe Sara's parents wouldn't mind hosting...whatcha think, Sara?? I also think Colarado and the coast sound great! As long as we are all together and having a great time! (I think this summer is good, also because Mary and I will be done nursing about that time.)

Bingham Bunch said...

All great ideas! I just think seeing y'all IS the vacation. Let me know where everyone will be next summer when you know and once we have a location and cost outline I can better commit and save $$$$!

Katie said...

It's a great idea, but cost is the biggest factor. Once there's a cost, I think it when most of us, esp. me will commit. I do think the Coast or Colorado will be the cheapest places to do a retreat though. Next summer is a great time too.

S. Gibson said...

Next summer is good timing for me too, hopefully Danny will be employed :) and so I'll be able to be a little bit more flexible on cost. I will talk to my mom about us crashing at their place. She wouldn't mind but her space is kind of limited. My brother and his wife just moved into the extra bedroom. California would be really fun though. Colorado too! I think I would be excited to go just about anywhere to see you guys! You have no idea how much i miss you!!! I'm excited about this.

Amy said...

The summer sounds good to me too. It gives us all time to save up and plan. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Sounds fun. Just let me know when and where and I will try to make an appearance. LOL No, seriously, I would love to come too!

Katie said...

Allison- of course you and anyone else is invited!! It would awesome if could get everyone to go.