The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 10, 2007

Open Arms

" There are many important things to take the time of mothers these days. But earnestly, urgently, we would say to young mothers: Take time to be there when you are needed, when are wanted. Take time for open arms; take time for talking and for counsel and correction; take time for sitting down with them, for reading, for singing, for family prayer, for home evenings and hours. Take time with your children for the making of memories, for fixing sure foundations that will last long after less essential things are forgotten." - Richards L Evans

I found this wonderful quote in a book I have called Wisdom of the Prophets- Motherhood
It's full of quotes from the Prophets to us mothers and also scriptures. I highly recommend it.
As soon as I read this ( a few moments ago) I felt that I should share it. It's a powerful quote.

2 comments:

Bingham Bunch said...

That is a wonderful quote! Thanks for sharing Katie.....love ya and miss you more than you know!

Katie said...

I miss you and love ya too Andrea! I miss our girl nights together and having someone to talk to!!