The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I did it! I did it! I did it!!!!

Ok, so I feel a little guilty about posting this after reading Allison's link, but I am sure I have many of those times coming my way!

I went to Chic-fil-A all by myself!! Tye wanted to run into the parking lot as soon as we got out of the car, (12:30...not exactly a slow time!), but I was able to get down at his level and tell him how important it was that I needed him to stay close to me and hold my hand. I also said I needed him to help with Kenadie. He ACTUALLY stayed next to me all the way up there (and we were parked a ways away). He ate, played, and then was ready to go home. I know that all my outings will be like that, but like I told another mother there, that if it had gone bad, I would not have tried again for a long, long time!

4 comments:

Amy said...

YAY Alisa!! I'm glad that it went well at Chick-fil-A. I'm so proud of Tye for listening to you. That's wonderful! You deserved a good experience like this. Give Tye and Kenadie a hug from their Aunt "Mamie" and tell them I'm proud of them for being so good for their mommy.

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you Alisa! It's so awesome when outings go so well. Just don't get discouraged when the next outing doesn't go as well. I hope it does go well. Yeah for Tye for doing so well!!!! When you try Barnes and Nobles, let me know how it goes. I'm really glad that today was a good day. :)

Mary said...

Pat on the back for Alisa, Tye and Kenadie! You know what there is nothing wrong with using a little scare tactics. I use them on Avery all the time to keep her out of the street or other dangers. Of course being careful not to traumatize her. And what a smart mom getting Tye to 'help' you with Kenadie..keeps him out of trouble and leaves him feels proud of himself. Can I hear a "WOOHOO!" for Alisa? ;)

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Hey, and if all else fails... you can always buy a kid leash! lol
We had one for Travis because he was a "flight risk" as I use to call it. If he had the opportunity he would just B-O-L-T. It drove me crazy!! Once I was 8 months pregnant with Kinsey and he bolted at Target. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world! I however, did not. I couldn't run because I was to huge and swollen so I spent 15 minutes darting in and out of isles trying to get him to stop w/o yelling and embarrassing myself. After that, I bought the leash.
Funny thing about the kid leash (at Wal-Mart for $5)... the people that didn't have kids would look at me and Travis on his leash and give me a horrified look. I knew that they were thinking I was a terrible mother! But the people that were parents would look at me and Travis and would then smile and usually say something to me about how great of a mother I was for going out of my way to keep my child safe. I would just look at those kidless people who were sneering at me and I would say, "oh, just you wait! Just you wait!"
Anyway, congrats for going out on your own!! Also, if you are struggling with how to deal with Ty, you can buy a book called The Discipline Book. Great book, but a tad granola.