The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

((((SIGH))))

A couple days ago, Payson got a note home from school saying he got into trouble at music class and to contact the teacher for further discussion. I always talk to my kids first to see if I can find out from their perspective what happened. My kids (so far) have been pretty straightforward in admitting to what they had done. However this time when I questioned Payson he responded angrily, "I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT TEACHER GOT ME IN TROUBLE! SHE'S A LIAR!" I was a little taken aback and thinking the teacher was probably more than justified in whatever consequence she inflicted on him. Good thing I decided to try to expand the details!

MOM: Payson! Do we talk about our school teachers like that?

PAYSON: Well she doesn't tell the truth!

MOM: What do you mean?

PAYSON: She says her name is Mrs. King!

BAYLEY: (the ever-helpful eavesdropper from the sideline) The school's music teacher IS Mrs. King!!!

PAYSON: Well I laughed and told her she was LYYYY-ING when she said her name is Mrs. King!

MOM: Why would you do that?!?!

PAYSON: (big deep breath) BECAUSE!!!! She is a GIRL, Mom! Her name is MRS. QUEEN!


3 comments:

Walker family said...

Poor Payson...he is A-DORABLE!

Katie said...

I'm sorry, but that's cute! I'm laughing as well, because kids say the danest things.

S. Gibson said...

I agree. That made me smile!