The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Alisa's Holidays...

I am looking forward to this holiday because this will be the first one that I am not working (besides the one when Tye was 2 weeks old and I was recovering from a c-section). I cannot wait to take Tye and Kenadie to look at Christmas lights as many times as we want. I cannot wait to go shopping for presents. Michael has always loved the holidays, so we will probably decorate, and that will be tons of fun! I want to try to bake some cookies to deliver. I am super excited about being Santa! I cannot wait for cooler weather...the nights have been so nice the last couple of days. I cannot wait to (hopefully) have a holiday party! I am getting so excited just thinking about the holidays! They have such a different meaning since I am not in retail this year! My goal is to have all of my shopping done before Thanksgiving...think I can do it??

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Alisa! I'm looking forward to the Christmas holidays too. Actually, I love the autumn season as well. You're right--it's been nice to have a bit of a chill in the air at night lately. Lily and I went to buy some yankee tarts with the fall scents last week. I just love smelling all the scents that go along with fall/winter. I love to decorate and look at the beautiful Christmas lights. But, my favorite part is seeing Natalie & Lily's faces on Christmas morning. There is nothing like sharing the holidays with your family.

Katie said...

I'm totally in the same spirit Alisa's in!! I can't wait. It definitely makes the holidays a lot more fun when you don't have to work. You can bake, and listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas specials w/ the kids. I turn into such a big kid this time of year.