The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, October 12, 2007

Call me Ebenezer scrooge...

In response to Alisa's post about being excited for the holidays, you can all call me Ebenezer Scrooge. I am just not excited this year. Maybe it's the tighter budget, or my anti-social rut I am in. I usually have Halloween/fall decorations out by now and I just don't feel like pulling them out. I have even been thinking about forgoing putting up the Christmas tree, which I totally should do for my kids no matter what I am feeling.

Some of the things Alisa said are about the only things that spark my interest this year and that's going and doing all the fun family holiday celebrations. The Zilker Christmas trail of lights, the Austin symphony's sing a long, drinking hot cocoa as much as possible for the two cold months here in Texas, and I can't wait to make a gingerbread house with Avery.

So, I guess I am excited about a few things this Holiday season.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Speaking of hot chocolate...and you all know how much I like my hot chocolate...we should take some time this holiday season, and sit down with a nice cup of hot chocolate, and call each other. We can wrap up in a blanket when the kids are asleep, and talk about whatever we want!!!

Katie said...

I love that idea Alisa!!

Katie said...

Oh, even better-we all need to do Starbucks's hot cocoa and visit in person