The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday traditions...Holli

We have several traditions. We put our Christmas decor up the day after Thanksgiving (as soon as I recoup from Black Friday shopping). Shortly thereafter, we also make the trek out to visit Santa Claus.

On Christmas Eve, we open one present, which is always new pajamas. And, I make some sort of breakfast casserole the night before. We pop it in the oven as soon as everyone starts to wake up Christmas morning, and then by the time we're done opening presnets... voila! Breakfast is already ready.

We have several other mini-traditions... we always make cookies together (usually the FHE before Christmas), we go shopping together, and we always do some sort of service together (secret Santa sort of thing).

1 comments:

Amy said...

What a great idea for breakfast! I'm sure that makes Christmas morning a lot less hectic!