The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 24, 2008

Family Christmas...Maren

Well my family doesn't have too many traditions but we do have a couple.

We ALWAYS set up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. I think Holidays should be done in order!!

We normally take Braydon to see Santa after Thanksgiving also but this year we had to do it a little earlier since Ryan and I started new jobs and don't know when we will both have the same day off that we can go! Braydon was actually very excited to see Santa this year! It was a lot of fun!

We also open one present Christmas Eve. Since Braydon was born we have done PJs, but I am looking for another idea for Christmas Eve. Braydon outgrowns the PJs so fast. If you have any ideas please comment!

After we have opened our presents we head over to Ryan's parents house to do Christmas with them. We then spend the day there with all the family.

We pick names in Ryan's family instead of buying a present for each person. It makes it so much easier and a lot more fun to get something big for them instead of something small. We also do this in my family but this year we are not due to hurricane Ike and the financial burden it had on all of us here in TX.

We also go out on Christmas Eve and look at Christmas lights. This is something that was passed on through my family. We always went out and you know the blinking red lights for the airplanes..well my parents would tell me it was Rudolph so we had to go home!!

I would like to start some more traditions but I need some ideas. I am looking forward to reading all the traditions that other people have!!!

0 comments: