I read this quote on a blog, the Kunz Family, and thought it was very inspirational. She recently lost her son in a tragic accident where the window blinds were wrapped around his neck while in his crib for a nap.
"Each of us will have our own Fridays (referencing that darkest of Friday's when the Savior was humiliated, bruised, and lifted upon the cross) —those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.
But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.
No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come." Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Sunday Will Come,” Ensign, Nov 2006, 28–30
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Sunday, July 13, 2008
A comforting quote...
Posted by Alisa at 6:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing that with us, Alisa. Again, I feel so amazed at the strength and wisdom of the mothers and fathers who have lost their little ones so early in life. I think of our mom and dad and I am still amazed at how they coped with losing Michael and then at the same time, made sure that the rest of us still felt loved during his long hospital stay. I just don't think I could be that strong. Every time
I hear of a family going through this, it makes me hug my children a little tighter.
That is a wonderful quote, I really like it. Gives us all hope and a little push to keep moving forward as best we can. (at least for me it does)
My heart breaks for all these moms. Every time I read their blogs and words of their struggles from loosing their babies. They are so strong. They are to be admired.
The Kunz's are an amazing family! Our heart really breaks for them. I feel so bad for all these Moms, but it worse when it's families you know that are losing these sweet little babies. Their testimonies of the Atonement are a strength to me. I don't know how I would get through something like this.
Post a Comment