The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, July 25, 2008

Another blog...

Ok, so I somehow keep coming across these blogs, call them depressing if you want, but they can also be inspirational. This one is actually a woman named Alisa who is dealing with melanoma. Currently, she just got off her meds because it was making her too sick, but they are not sure how much time she has left. She is married, has 3 sons, is absolutely gorgeous, and is trying to make the most of what may not be much time left on earth. You can check it out if you want, but be prepared to cry. joshandalisa.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Erin said...

While this comment has nothing to do with this post, I wanted to post some money-saving websites in response to an older post. Some of these websites are FABULOUS and one even teaches you how to MAKE money while shopping at CVS and Walgreens by using coupons and the frequent shopper cards (and it works! I've done it!!) I'm telling you, this should be something they teach at enrichment night! You do have to check them pretty often to see what the deal of the day is.

www.mommieswithcents.com

www.imommies.com

www.moneysavingmom.com

And, this has nothing to do with groceries but if you are a regular internet shopper and are looking to save a few dollars, you should try www.ebates.com. Ebates offers 1%-16% discounts at stores online - you just enter any site you want to buy from throungh Ebates - they will track what you buy and put the percentage you saved in an account. Every 3 months they will mail you a check for the amount you've saved. It's FABULOUS! And, if you tell friends about it and they sign up, Ebates will add $5 to your account.

Anyway...sorry for the long comment, but I hope this helps someone!

Katie said...

Wow. These blogs really put things into perspective for me. I balled while reading one of her friends blogs that's linked to the blog you posted Alisa. Her friend lost their full term baby at day before his due date. I've been balling. I can't imagine.

It's amazing all that we've been reading about lately. I don't know how these parent's carrying on. It's def. made me realize at all that I take for granted w/ my little ones.
Yesterday some family friend's of my brother and sister in law's 18 mo old little girl drowned. She was their only child. I can't imagine what that's like at all.

I think we need to hold our little ones a bit more closer and take more time in being w/ them. We never know when they'll be called to return to Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for the blessing of Eternal families!