I was wondering if any of you had any good tips on how to save money on groceries?!? It seems that the ridiculous rise in gas prices has affected just about everything, including groceries. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to save some money on food. It seems like I'm spending at least $15.00 more per visit to the store than I used to. Does anyone know of any websites with coupons that the stores actually accept? Any tips would be great!
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have been printing some out, but you do have to install a certain printer program. Call me and I can walk you through it! It helps some, but my problem is sticking to the list and making sure my list is complete. Like we went to Sam's AND the grocery store already this paycheck, and I thought we had plenty of everything, and we are going again tonight. The problem with the "mini" trip is that they always seem to be really expensive for nothing!
go to kroger.com
they have links to coupon websites where the coupons load onto the kroger card.
I feel your pain on the grocery price. We're spending almost $200 more this month on food and gas than we did 4 months ago. We're buying less food.
Something that's worked for us-is I plan out our meals for at least 2 weeks and sometimes for the month. I know what I have and what I don't have and need I write down. When I go grocery shopping I only buy what's on my list. I usually go to Costco. They do have coupons and since their stuff is in bulk, it lasts us a lot longer.
I do go to HEB or Walmart for a few little things that you can't get at Costco. Sometimes HEB will have great sales on their fruit.
I started buying mostly frozen fruits and veggies. They last longer and I'm not making as many trips to the store to get more fresh fruit and veggies (which we know doesn't last as long with the humidity). That also helps me save on $$ on food and gas.
LDS Living Magazine had a great article in their last edition about how to save money while shopping. I found it helpful... let me know if you can't find it and I'll sum it up.
Thanks for the tips, everyone! I have found that if I plan a menu in advance it helps too, but occasionally I just get lazy and don't do it. I know, that's a sad excuse, huh? I'm looking forward to trying out all your tips!
This is hard, if you find the secret, Amy, let me know.
I have been trying to go to the store less too because I have a hard time sticking to my list most of the time and not buying that extra little treat that just looks yummy. That and I go focused(really focused, lol) on the things I need and nothing else.
I have recently been checking out all the brands again to see what is cost effective. I recently decided to go with a cheaper bread. My husband even noticed and thank me for buying a less expensive bread, that was shocking and a nice surprise.
I think I am also going to start trying to prepare more simple meals. That way I don't have to buy so many different food supplies to get my family feed. I don't know if that makes much sense...
Post a Comment