For anyone that has a child on the medicine Singulair you might want to rethink it. My son has been on and off of it for a year( my fault for not keeping him on it the whole time or we would have found this out a year ago. There are many people that have found problems with their kids being on this drug. It has even been the cause to bring some teenagers to suicide. Scary. Well Braydon got really bad allergies not too long ago and I brought him to his doctor, who by the way is a GREAT doctor, she told me that he needed to be on his allergy medicines all the time and even sent us to a specialist who tested him. That was the worst ever. Braydon had been a the sweetest little boy. He would always listen to you for the most part ( face it all kids have those bad days) but after him being on this medicine for just 4 days he wasn't sleeping through the night, he wouldn't listen and he was just plain out MEAN. (He is only 2) My mom was the one that finally came to me and said that I needed to check out the medicine b/c there was an article about it in our local paper. I went online and found many sites about the effects this has had on lots of kids, teenagers, and adults. I took him off the medicine and have had him on Zyrtec ever since and he is back to Braydon! He sleeps through the night again and is so sweet! I am happy to have my little boy back! Please check out google for the forums on this medicine. You would be surprised what people have done while on this drug and all the side effects. It's sad.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is crazy! I am glad it is all better now! We need to get together and hang out!
That's scary! Lily took Singulair a few years ago and it didn't bother her. But, medications certainly affect different people in different ways. She has reacted badly to other meds, so I know how scary it is to find out that a medicine you thought was safe was in fact hurting your child. I'm so glad that Braydon is back to his normal behavior now. Thanks for sharing this with us.
That is SO crazy! I'm glad you were able to get things fixed and get your baby back to how he was.
Last night I was talking to our neighbors-one of them does drug testing. We were talking about how many drugs are out there that get a few tests and then are put on the market. Especially for kids! It's VERY scary!! Often times drugs are approved when they shouldn't be. Even though doctors claim a drug to work, it may not be the best for our kids.
Kuddos to you for looking into that! More parents need to do that.
Post a Comment