This is an excerpt from the homemaking journey blog. I had to share it, because I thought it was so sweet and inspirational. This is from a mom of 7.
If I instead wondered what would happen if Jesus Christ came to visit, what would he see? I think I'd still be just as mortified at the state of my house, but you know, HE would know my kids had a good afternoon playing together downstairs, how good I felt that I got caught up on laundry and only had one more load to fold and that little hands tried to help, but instead got caught up in the fun of wearing mom and dad's clothes and using baby blankets as capes. I think He would know and understand that today was a day that the baby needed love and comfort and extra snuggles for an upset tummy he's not quite accustomed to experiencing yet, and therefore, why I'm wearing my pajamas from last night still, and my hair was only combed by 8:00 tonight when Hannah and Curtis offered to play with it for me. I think he would understand that I just couldn't get to mopping the floor today because Joshua had a melt down about not getting a ba-ba and slipped on half an orange he dropped on the floor and then needed me to hold and kiss him until he felt better. He would be happy to be served pumpkin pancakes and sausage for dinner.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Posted by Alisa at 10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing that, Alisa. It really makes me stop and think about where my priorities need to be--my children and husband.
These ladies that do this site are so amazing! I love their posts like these... it really does make you stop and think.
Post a Comment