The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 11, 2008

THANK YOU!!!!!

I love all you girls so much......you have NO idea! Thank you so much for all your help and encouragement. I loved the talk during general conference by Elder Ballard directed to the moms in the church. Boosted by all your loving words, I spoke with Chauncey and let her know how I was feeling--OVERWHELMED. For now we worked out a scenario I'm happy with--I only have Mia 2 days a week, every other week, for half a day (only while she is on campus going to school....since she is employed in a day care center I encouraged her to enroll her daughter and take her to work). She agreed and things seem to be calmer now. I also cut down the days I'm working at Sylvan and moved all my clients to Mondays and Wednesdays instead of having them all spread out ( saves on fuel for the monster suburban we drive too! ). Mary, I can't tell you how much your words meant to me--I know you have given yourself to take care of other little ones as well as your own and I know you can empathize. You are such a talented wonderful mom and I miss seeing your sweet face and hearing your voice! Katie, I miss so much how you were my dose of daily medicine. You always make me smile and on my bad days I could always count on you for an immediate girls night at Cheddars for $2 soup and artichoke dip--I miss you dearly! Sara, (and I'm sure EVERYONE will agree) you are one of the most beautiful peacemakers in this world. I have never heard you utter a malicious word and your patience is incredible to me. I know a lot of things have been very challenging for you and I am amazed at how you deal with those. I think of you often when I am trying to go about being tactful about something. Alisa, I love how I feel such a connection with you and that we are so similar that I know you truly understand me when I tell you something. You bring me comfort because you are willing to be so open to me about yourself (which is a huge risk) and I'm so grateful for the level of trust we have with each other. You are such a treasured blessing in my life and I don't know what I'd do without you. You were a direct answer to my prayers during a very difficult time for me. I'll never forget how you pulled me through. AND to our new friends.....THANK YOU! Though we have never met in person, it was almost easier to find strength in your words because you have a totally objective view of the situation. You both are wonderful and I'd love to hear more from both of you.

Oh--and any of you are welcome to come up here (or down depending on your location) ANYTIME you want! Beware......you may have a little trouble leaving because I know I will want to keep you here indefinitely! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE y'all!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you, Andrea. This post means so much, not even just the part about me but about everyone. Because they ARE as great as you described.

I know I have told you this before but I will say it again because it's very true...I have always looked up to you and thought you have had some of the greatest advice for me and others. I've always looked at you as a magnificent mother and women.

I am just loving how positive Happy Mommy has been. I fell great amounts of love for all of you, more than I have before in our friendships. We are all living so far away from each other(beside me and Katie that is) but we are still staying connected, helping and strengthening one another from that distance. I am really glad that Alisa decided to do this for all of us. Thanks, Alisa.

Mary said...

P.S. Andrea, I am happy to hear you have taken the courage to make some changes to try to be happier and less stressed. You are past the hardest part-Good for You!

S. Gibson said...

I agree with Mary, I feel the very same way about everyone you wrote about, but would never be able to put it into words as eloquently as you did. I love you! You are such a wonderful friend. I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Alisa said...

And I just love all of you! Sara and I had a wonderful opportunity to spend a lot of time together just talking of everyday struggles of being a mom and a wife. We are all in this together. Though it may be tough, think of all the blessings we are promised. I am doing my best to change my attitude. I get so overwhelmed, and I just feel the "oh, poor me..." feeling. We had a women's retreat last night, and it was refreshing to hear other women and mothers alike dealing with the same things we are. We will never be dealt more than we can handle, so I think the key is to stop and observe where we are in life if we are overwhelmed, and submit ourselves to our Heavenly Father. I know not all of you on the site are Mormon, but I do know all of you believe in Christ and in our Father in Heaven, and we can all agree that both are there to help if we will only ask. I love all of you so much. (Why can I not write on here without crying?) lol

Klevrkris said...

I'm proud of you!! Isn't it so empowering to take control of the chaos in your life? Everything feels so much more manageable and purposeful! You'll be blessed and your family will be blessed for your strength and your new skill at the art of saying "no" or "it is enough".

Katie said...

Sniff, sniff. Thank you for that Andrea! LOL. I don't like getting teary eyed. hahaha. I agree with what you wrote about everyone too! I love you all so much! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends like you guys.We all entered eachother lives at the right moment.
Andrea-I really, really miss our girls night too!
Alisa-thank you for doing this blog. It's really brought us all closer together, even though we're not spread out.
I'm really glad that you've been able to find away to make life less stressed Andrea. I've always admired at all well you keep things together!!! You're amazing and I just love you!