I am pretty sure Kenadie has a yeast infection. She has a rash on her vaginal area that will not go away. I am going to try Lotriman (saw that on internet), but does anyone know if I have to take her to get a prescription? If the lotrimian makes the symptoms go away, is that enough, or do I need a prescription to kill the bacteria. I am also going to give her probiotics to up her good bacteria, I just need to know if that is enough. I don't mind taking her to the doctor, it just sucks when they tell me everything I already know, and nothing I don't.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Alisa - I don't know who your pediatrician is but my pediatrician (who is great if you're needing one) used to call these things in. And, if it wasn't needed, she would tell me to just continue using my over-the-counter treatments. I love this because it saves me the time and expense of making a dr.'s trip. You might just want to give your pediatrician a ring.
Who is you pediatrician?? I hate mine, and we are actually looking for another one!
Dr. Nargis Kayani! She's the greatest... She's located in a suite off Delaware in Beaumont. It's a really small practice but she's so involved with each patient and she's been in the area for like 30 some odd years. I chose her because she was recommended by my OB when I was pregnant with Gabi and then I've had nicu (sp?) nurses say she's the best in Beaumont. I have to agree. I can get you the number if you're interested.
Alisa..Holli is right! Dr.Kayani is Garrett and Emilys doctor and we LOVE her..I have her home and cell phone numbers..she is very involved with "her babies" as she calls them and listens to the parents..she does not treat you like an idiot! Her staff is amazing..Diane and Tina both have amazing hearts! Call her office 409-899-2305! Nikia
Thank y'all! I think we will be seeing her soon. Tye still needs his shot from 2 yr check, and Kenadie is coming up on her 1 year check. Neosporin is helping some, but I think it may need something stronger at this point.
Lily had some type of medication for this, but it was a while back. I wish I could remember the name of it. I do remember that once we had the prescription, it didn't take much of it to clear up the problem. Then, if she got the infection again, we just used the medicine again. I hope that you're able to find a better pediatrician. We never particularly liked ours, but we usually saw the PA anyway and he was great.
Kinsey gets them frequently and her Pedi has always just had me put monistat 7 on her twice a day for 7 days.
Thanks everyone...Allison, that's what I was trying to figure out! If something OTC like Monistat would work! Thanks!
Post a Comment