Over the weekend, our family went out to eat at Applebee's. When we walked in I saw a man and a young girl sitting eating, I assume it was a father and daughter. They were dressed nice(for Applebee's), I saw a red rose on the table next to the daughter and turned to Jess and pointed(without actually pointing) them out to him. Then he said something I had not thought about. He said the father was teaching his daughter how she needed to be treated. I just thought how adorable they looked.
I remember all the studies and such that have been done on young women and girls showing what a major role their dad plays in their development. Most with the conclusion that girls without their fathers love and attention goes looking for a replacement. Most replacement are not good replacements.
I watched them leave and as they walked hand in hand with the girl holding her rose. The father took off his jacket and wrapped it around his daughter. I told Jess I thought they couldn't get any cuter. I was trying my hardest to chock back tears because I thought and felt what a wonderful thing this father was doing for his daughter. What a stronger and healthier adult life she would have because of her dad. I bet he has no idea what a great gift he gave her that night at Applebee's. More than just dinner, a rose, and a jacket to keep warm.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Monday, March 31, 2008
A wonderful gift from a loving father
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I couldn't choke back my tears. I think that is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Since most of us have daughters, I think we need to remember how precious they are and make sure that their dads treat them like women should be treated. I am in Activity Days now, which is ages 8-11 girls at church. We have a daddy-daughter dinner coming up and I cannot wait to see more of what you just shared with us.
Wow! Imagine what our world be like if EVERY girl had a daddy who took the time to teach and show his daughter(s) how young men and young women who want a healthy relationship behave together! There would be no menaces to society.....way to go Applebee's Dad!
That was such a sweet story! It is such a shame that there aren't more fathers in the world who are like that dad. It would make such a positive difference. So many grown women have no respect for themselves because their dads never showed them the love and respect that they deserved while they were growing up. I'm grateful that I was so blessed to have a wonderful, loving dad.
I would have cried if I saw that. I was just reading up on how now adays society has looked down on such affection from fathers to daughters. The writer was saying how that's the problem w/ so many yw-pregnancies, troubled relationships etc. They go looking for the wrong types of love if they don't get it from their fathers. It might have been from Dr Laura. In reading this, it's so nice to know that this girl will have a huge advantage over so many others, because her father has taken the time to show her his love for her. LIke you guys said, every girl does need a daddy like this
Post a Comment