We all have balls that we juggle. Ball=kids Ball=husband Ball=housework Ball=exercise Ball=church responsibilities Ball=self improvement Ball...
You get my drift, the list could go on and on and all our lists would be different. I have been thinking a lot about what balls I have had in my hands and what time I am spending juggling each one. And I am thinking about all the balls sitting beside me waiting to be picked up. The ones I really want to pick up. I can't help but think I need more hands, more time, ect, ect...
Oh, how I wish I could grow a third or fourth hand or somehow find three more hours or days. I guess I need to prioritize. But how can you when we have been asked and told all these 'balls' are important and worth us juggling.
Which brings me to think about which balls are good, which are better, and which are the best to be juggling. (talk by Oaks)
I need to keep striving to find my happy and content juggler because right now I am not juggling to my hearts content.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Friday, March 7, 2008
Jugglers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have read that talk, and try to implement the "good, better, best" strategy, but it can be really difficult at times. I did talk to a lady the other day that is now 42, she married at 18, had her first child at 19 and her main regret is that she worried about her house too much. She said the kids will never remember how many toys on the floor (they like them there), but they will surely remember if mommy was down on the floor playing with them and those toys. The ironic thing is that I watched Supernanny this week, and she told that mother the exact same thing. I don't think that was coincidence...I think it was divine inspiration for me.
(I deleted my first comment as I hit post before I was done)
Wow Alisa, I've heard that from my Mom too. I think Heavenly Father is trying to tell us Moms what are true importance is, which is our families and spending time with our children!
I know how you feel Mary. It's hard and overwhelming sometimes. Elder Oaks talk is one that I have sought comfort in, even though I often try to figure out which ball I need to juggle first and so on.
I think that's one of Satan's trick of trades, in overwhelming Moms to where our priorities sometimes seem out of whack and overwhelming to where we either just want to throw the towel in and be done with whatever we're doing or just feeling so depressed and down on ourselves that we don't know what to do. I of course am speaking on behalf of myself-I have felt this many times. At those times I have either read a quote by one of our prophets, my mom has told me something or I have read things that were answers to my prayers and helped me get back up and given me the strength to at least take each day as it comes. Heavenly Father has a wonderful way with answering our prayers.... like Alisa said-Divine Inspiration. Plus we have a lot to learn from the moms (like the sweet lady Alisa talked) who started off young and has raised wonderful children-they're ones who have given us the wisdom to "enjoy each moment with our little ones and to not worry about a messy house, but worry about the time spent with our children."
I hear you loud and clear Mary. This is something that I constantly struggle with. I feel like I am juggling way more than I can handle, but can't really drop anything, which usually means I drop everything at the same time. I need to figure out a better balance too. Sometimes I feel like i know the right things that I should be doing, like playing superheroes with my kids, but I actually choose to clean my house because sometimes it's honestly just easier. I'm working on that. It's not fair to my kids. I want them to know that they are number one on my list, but in order to do that I have to fix my priorities a little.
I just discovered this website called flylady.net. You guys should check it out. I have barely read through it, but it sounds like she has some great advice on cleaning and just coping with motherhood.
Thanks for the info on flylady.net. I'll have to check it out!
Post a Comment