It seems as though every time I turn around, I hear of someone else battling breast cancer. Amy and I dealt with our mother having it, and, thankfully, she successfully won the fight and is cancer-free. Although she has to deal with the scars that the awful cancer left behind, she is a great example to me with how strong she was through it all. I know it was really tough on her, but her kids very rarely saw how bad it really was. I came across this background, and wanted to use it to keep up the constant awareness. I really believe that with my generation, it is not if we get cancer, but when and what kind. Try to keep awareness up, and donate to research when you can...you may personally need it one day. So, with all that said, I have changed our background to pink with the ribbon, in honor of my mom, and the toughest battle she fought and won.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like that Alisa! I've known friends and family members who have dealt with this. I have an Aunt who's dealt with breast cancer twice! It's scary. I agree with you. They'll be more and more cases of cancer and everyone will be effected by this horrible disease one way or the other.
I love the new background! And you're right, Alisa, Mom is the strongest person I know. She fought a hard battle and won AND she continued to take care of her family during her battle with cancer. I don't know how she did it. She is a wonderful example to us all!
Post a Comment