Those of you who know me, know that I do not cook. If we have a nice meal, it was probably cooked by Michael. I try (sometimes) but I usually end up messing up, then getting discouraged. Or, if I actuallly do cook something nice, Michael either comes home late, had a big lunch and is not hungry, or has basketball that night, so can't eat. So, then I just get aggravated and don't cook again for weeks. Seriously, my kids live on whatever I can get them to eat, and I live off cereal and junk food, and I am not sure what Michael eats. (We do occasionally have tacos or spaghetti or something easy like that).
I have decided that my diet is out of control. I have no energy, and it is probably because of my lack of nurishment. I hardly eat, and when I do, it is not healthy. My kids deserve better. Michael deserves better. I deserve better.
With all of that said, I am looking for some great tips for evening meals. I am going to try to make meal plans, then shop accordingly. That way, I will have all the ingredients I need, and I do not have to think of what I want to cook everyday...it is already planned for me.
If any of you have ideas (besides the normal spaghetti, tacos, roast...) or a spin on those items, I would LOVE to hear them! I want to be better at this, but I don't want to get so stressed out about it.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Cooking
Posted by Alisa at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can give you some ideas, but I'm not the best cook in the world. However, I have collected a few recipes over the years that aren't too difficult and don't require crazy ingredients that no one wants to eat. I'll email them to you soon.
i have a few easy ones too...sometimes to get ideas i just look through my cookbooks. i always find something i've forgotten i know how to make or something that looks delicious. here a few easy ones u can make for lunch or dinner....
Quesadillas:
chicken breast baked with sun dried tomato dressing
grated jalepeno jack cheese or mozzarella chesse
grated cheddar cheese
tortillas
can of ranch style beans
in pan fry tortillas with cheese and chicken or beans and cheese sandwiched in between.
my girls like the bean and cheese more than the chicken and cheese. i like to dip in sour cream to eat. beans can also be served on side. complete meal with rice if u want.
Summer Chicken Pasta:
HEB pre seasoned fajita chicken breasts
bag swirl garden noodles
avocado-cut into small pieces
sliced green onion
sliced black olives
crumbled feta cheese (whole container)
half finely diced bell pepper
greek vinergerette dressing
olive oil
bake chicken as directed and chop into pieces. cook pasta let cool with olive oil. toss all together.
my girl devour this meal!!! and it makes enough for a few meals. best served cold.
Hope this gives you a few good ideas!! i know how to make an easy baked potato soup too. let me know if u want the recipe.
I am not the best cook in the world, but when the new year came, I decided to make lunch and dinner at home instead of going out to eat to save money. Here goes...Instead of plain spaghetti, I make pizza pasta. Take 1 bag of pepperoni (you can add the whole bag or less), frozen diced green bell pepper, frozen diced onion, can of sliced black olives, can of chopped mushrooms, jar of spaghetti sauce and any pasta you like. cook pasta and mix all together top with cheese. You can add all of these items or delete some....whatever you like on pizza. I like to use frozen chopped bell pepper and onion because it saves some time and it lasts for a long time. you can have all items on hand and not worry about them going bad.
i emailed Rachael a whole list of things that are easy. see if she still has it. i plan out what we will eat for an entire month. if she doesnt have it, let me know and ill make another one for you.
on the summer chicken pasta dish I forgot to put cucumber...diced and mix it in!
I've had Emmy's spaghetti, it's great! I make it with sausage too.
This is my current favorite!
http://itwasamazing.blogspot.com/2008/10/santa-fe-veggie-wrap.html
it is so easy, so fresh (get HEB whole wheat tortillas!), GOOD, light, and did I mention easy?
Enjoy!
Hey Alisa,
I'm on the same boat. I can relate to how you feel about being discouraged especially when our husbands have so much good food to compare ours too. (restaurants seriously make such good food) Also, Aaron is such a good cook. What I like to do is think of a meal that I like, like carne asada and I look up a recipe online. Usually the top items are the best and a lot of times people comment on the recipes and rate them. It's awesome. And I figured out that I like to bake more than cook, so I am trying to become the baking expert in our house. It gives me an incentive to cook meals that go with good baked items. Like Chili and cornbread. Anyways, this is getting long. I can send you some of my best recipes that I have used.
Noel
Post a Comment