The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lesson about love/service

I saw this on a blog the other day and I thought it was a cute idea. Since it's almost Valentine's day, I decided to use this idea in our Family Home Evening lesson last night. We read a couple of scripture verses about how God wants us to love one another and serve one another. Then we each took a turn standing on a red paper heart (I just used construction paper) while the rest of the family members each said something that they loved about that person. I also cut out some smaller paper hearts and put them in a basket. These hearts were to be used whenever one of us did something to love or serve another family member. For example, if you make up a family members bed for them, then you leave a paper heart behind. Or the hearts can be used to write or draw messages on for a family member. Anyway, it was a short, interactive lesson (which is so important for Lily) and went over well. Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Mary said...

that's wonderful idea! thx

Alisa said...

I wonder what Tye and Kenadie would do...lol!

Katie said...

that's such a great idea Amy! I love it. Kids are never too young to do this.