Today I went though all our toys we own. This is actually not the first time I have done this this year. I hate to admit that probably 6 months ago I gave a ton of toys to some friends and also to our church nursery. And still Avery had 12 baby dolls, thanks to grandmas, which is a whole other issue. In my opinion 12 is too many. She picked half to keep and we are giving away the other half. Any of you know of a good place I can take Avery to donate her baby dolls? I was actually hoping for a place that she can actually physically give the dolls to either less fortunate or ill little girls.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Friday, December 12, 2008
12 is too many!
If I can't find a place, do any of your little girls need a baby doll??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know how you feel, Mary. It seems like no matter how often we go through our daughters toys and donate them, we still have waaay too many. As far as donation places go, I'm not familiar with any in Austin specifically. However, what came to my mind was maybe you could find out if there is a way that you could donate them to a women's and children's shelter in your area. Also, your Relief Society pres. might know of someone in your ward or stake who would love to get some dolls to give to their daughters for Christmas. A while ago, we were cleaning out all of our baby stuff like car seats, swings, etc and our RS pres. knew of a family in our stake who were students and expecting a baby. They were grateful to get the baby stuff and we were glad to know that it was helping someone else and not just sitting in a pile of stuff at Goodwill. Hope this helps!
Ugh, I hear you about the toy thing. Although most of ours are completely destroyed the instant my boys get their little hands on them so I've never really had the opportunity to donate. I like Amy's idea, especially this time of year.
I got a donation request from the austin children's shelter in the mail the other day. I bet they could would love it and would be able to point you in the right direction:
www.austinchildrenshelter.org/
To also add to Natalie's great idea, Safe place ALWAYS needs things for the kids of domestic violence, though you can not give them to the kids personally. They actually have a "safe" place drop off which isn't located at where the families are at. But these kids go there having nothing. I've given to them a lot in the last few years. IT's a great organization to be involved in.
Just to let you guys know I contacted Austin's Children's shelter and was told they wouldn't take my used dolls...I am not sure what their requirements are for donations.
Post a Comment