The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Doctors

I like the show the Doctors, and if I am lucky and my kids are napping at that time, I get to watch it. They just talked about some home remedies that I thought were worth sharing.

Bee sting: NEVER USE TWEEZERS (I did not know that.) Use a credit card to scrape the area to get out the stinger. Wrap bacon (raw) on it to take out poison.

Pink eye/ eye infection: breast milk (well, if you are lactating!)

Planter's Wart: Old nail polish; cover entire area, wait a few days, and take off polish by picking at it and wart comes off, too! Little boy said it tickled when his mom did it!

Fever: Soak rag in egg whites, wrap foot, put sock on, go to bed, fever in reduced very quickly

Diaper rash: breast milk/ liquid antacid

Just thought I would share!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing! I just discovered The Doctors a few weeks ago. I've been recording it via my dvr if I'm unable to watch when it's on.

The Warrens said...

I am hooked on that show!
Breast milk has tons of antibodies. If the baby, or anyone for that matter, has some nasal congestion due to a cold or allergy, breastmilk can help to clear up the problem. Dropping a few drops in each nostril can help to clear the congestion. Breastmilk has immunological properties and can actually kill the cold germ in progress much faster than waiting it out or any over the counter remedy can. It also works the same on scratches/cuts.
Here's a really cool site I go to that has tons of home remedies:
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/

Alisa said...

Thanks for sharing, Laura! You sure know some good tips for being a brand new mommy!

The Warrens said...

hehe Thanks, I still have tons to learn from the experienced moms! I don't want to give the discussion up just cause I posted a site so I'll share one my mom has used for all of her kids. This one is pretty interesting (funny) but I'm sure some of you have heard of it: Anytime a baby is fussy or has a fever, my mom would rub us with a raw egg and say a prayer. Then she would fill up a clear glass with water and break the egg inside that cup. Then she would place that cup under the crib/bed. She said it would work. Anyone ever heard of another "interesting" remedy?

Walker family said...

I have never heard of this show. when and where does it come on?