The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 8, 2010

Holly

One of our readers is going through the unthinkable. Her name is Holly and her son, Spencer, was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma about a month ago. She has a blog devoted to him. I would check it out and remember her in our prayers. I don't know her personally, but she is a really good friend of one of my close friends, and she has commented on the Happy Mommas blog several times. She is an inspiration and could really use all the support we can give. Please check out MySuperSpence and leave her a message to know you are thinking of her. You can also become penpals with Spencer if you would like, or make a donation (I am sure medical bills are mounting).

I cannot imagine the pain she must deal with every day trying to balance being a mother to her other 2 children, and trying to be a "rock" for her son struggling with the biggest battle of his life. She is truly a special person.

Holly, if you read this, we love you and are thinking of you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you Alisa for making us aware of this. I had no idea. I went to the blog and left a message. We will certainly start praying for Spencer and his family. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.

Walker family said...

Hey Alisa, You should add a picture/button of Spencer with her blog link to the sidebar. ;-)