Why is my house always a mess?
Why do I feel like I can never measure up?
Why do I feel bad about feeling like this?
Why can't I just put things into perspective?
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Alisa, you sound like me....especially with the house cleaning. i think that since im home all day I should be able to keep a perfect house- but it just doesnt happen.
Then when I complain about other things, like we talked about when you were down here, I feel even worse about myself. I know I need to be supportive and not to complain, but it is so hard to just go along with it all.
Why do I feel the same way?
I feel the same way. Knowing that every other stay at home mom's house looks the same as mine doesn't help. I still want mine spotless!
This talk usually makes me feel better:
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-851-37,00.html
Anytime I feel negativity creepy into my life I try to remember all the blessing that I have. My house might not be super clean, I have laundry to do all the time, and there are always dirty dishes to be washed. I remember I have happy, wonderful, smart, healthy kids, we go to the park and enjoy time with each other. I have a wonderful husband, I HAVE a house, I have a car....etc. It is very east to get wrapped up in the negative. You all are wonderful mothers and have beautiful, smart, healthy children. LIFE IS GOOD and we are blessed!
Beautifully said, Emmy.
Ditto to what Emmy said. Now if we could all just remember that when we're feeling over-whelmed. ;)
Post a Comment