With home, health, and happiness, I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence, God's been very good to us.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
A matter of perspective.
"Thank God for dirty dishes; They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry, We're eating very well.
This poem keeps running through my head. I loathe the mess that awaits me each evening, after I put the kids in bed. If only I could snap my fingers like Mary Poppins and everything would put itself away. Tonight, however, I remembered this cute little poem and reminded myself that some of the worst things (like a messy house) are actually blessings in disquise. A messy house is a very small price to pay for these little people I love so much."
I read this on a friend's blog and decided to share it with you, I hope she doesn't mind. I find myself reminding myself every night this same concept with my own little personalized twist to it. When my girls want me to lay down with them for 45 minutes in bed while they fall asleep and I just REALLY don't want to because 45 minutes is precious to me and well I lay with them almost EVERY night. I have to tell myself "This does NOT last forever. This IS what is important RIGHT NOW." Usually that gets my mommy butt in gear and I stop whatever it is I am doing. Head straight upstairs and into a squashed twin bed with my 5 and 2 year old girls. And my dishes, books, the computer, and sometimes my husband awaits till hopefully later if I manage to stay awake longer than my children. Some sacrifices are actually blessings in disguise. And like my friend says "A messy house (or personal time alone) is a very small price to pay for these little people I love so much."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing that Mary! I really needed to be reminded of that because it's so easy for me to stress out about all the things I need to do and forget about what's really important. I will have to read this poem often so that I don't lose perspective about being grateful for all my blessings. Even if sometimes those "blessings" include dirty diapers and a mountain of laundry. LOL
I thought this comment posted a long time ago, but for some reason I guess it didn't.
Post a Comment