Well, Michael is gone for 5 days, so I am getting a glimpse of what it would be like to be a single mom. It is pretty dang hard...and I am only on Day 1! Starting work on Monday will be the real test. Today was crazy. It started bright and early with a garage sale at 7am. That ended up being a flop...but it was our 3rd one in a fairly short amount of time. After that, we had a bday party to go to. When we got home, we stayed there for a bit, then went to McDonald's because the house was clean and I didn't want it messed up.
Kenadie bit a kid while we were there, then had a massive meltdown. That was tough. I finally had to gather everything up and we had to leave. Poor Tye had found a friend and they were playing so well together, I hated to pull him away, but there was no way in hell I was letting Kenadie stay there acting like that. She was completely out of control. I threw away her drink and her toy on the way out, and that made her even more mad. So, we got home around 6, I bathed them, and put Kenadie to bed! I had had enough of that.
Tye and I hung out the rest of the evening and watched Polar Express. Kenadie woke up around 8, so I let them have some hot chocolate together, now they are in Tye's room watching a new fish light. I am about to have to separate them. It's sad, because Tye has already apologized on his own for throwing a couple of fits this evening, and I was really trying to be nice...but I am afraid now I have to be the bad guy again.
It is tough doing it on my own. I feel for all the single moms and all those that are alone in the evenings while their hubby is away.
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Saturday, September 19, 2009
A Glimpse...
Posted by Alisa at 6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
LOL...You are so spoiled! ;-)
Post a Comment