The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Need Your Advice

Okay. I know I haven't written on this site for a while, but I have a situation here and I need your help. So, here goes. A writing colleague of mine has completely obliterated me from her life. I was gone for a while this summer, and when I got back she had taken her name off my "followers" list on my blog, Conversations With A Cardinal.
When I went to read her blog, she had erased my blog from her blog list. To make matters worse, she excluded me from conversation on a yahoo group we belong to. After I wrote something on the site, she decided to take her name off that, too. She won't answer my e-mails asking what I did. I HAVE NO IDEA why she is shunning me, but it hurts. It really hurts.
I am praying for her happiness, but I want to know what is going on. We had worked on a project for the guild and we were co-editors, but she took my name off that too before she sent it off for publication. I put a lot of work in that. And she took advantage of my being gone. What is your input as to what I should do? I would greatly appreciate any advice because this is eating away at me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have any mutual "friends" that you could appeal to for information or help?

As for the publication, if all else fails, you might be able to appeal to the guild for credit especially if you have original copies of documents or files.

Other than that, I don't really know what to say.

Walker family said...

I like Karens advice. I was thinking the same thing about a mutual friend within the yahoo group or guild you could contact to answer your questions about what has happened.

I dont know what to say about the project she basically stole from you. (your part anyways) That would just make me mad. Karen had a good idea also in hopes of resolving that and getting your work credited to you.

Good Luck and hang in there. I hope it works out. Update us!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how that feels. I know when friends shun each other and never say why they are acting like that, it does hurt.

It's even worse she took something you worked on and took your name off that. I also like Karen's idea. I would appeal to the guild to get your name on there, especially since you did a lot of the work.

I would also talk to mutual friends.

Hang in there!

Holli said...

Laurie, I wish I were more active in the Guild so I better understood what you're going through. But, I would say that I've lost friends along the way -- one more recently. And, my feeling was, "Oh well." If someone would treat you like that and cut you out of your life for something so small and stupid, then you're better off without them. Maybe you could email me some more details so I understand what happened. Feel better!

Laurie Kolp said...

Thanks everyone. I am now to the point where I have to agree with Holli- oh well...she wasn't worth having as a friend b/c true friends love at all times. (But I am not going to the guild mtg. tonight).