The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Myth

I just saw on the Doctors, that food does NOT have to cool down before you put it in frig or freezer. Apparently, it is a myth. They said that the sooner you put it in the frig or freezer, the less time it has to start growing stuff. Just thought I would share.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I recently saw something about this too. I can't remember what show it was on. I think it was Food Detectives on Food Network. They said the same thing, except that they did recommend that if you are putting something large like a roast or pot of stew in the fridge that you should divide it into smaller portions so that the food will cool down quicker.

Alisa said...

Yeah, they said that, too, but I forgot to mention it! Thanks!