Such a simple statement. Yet, somehow I loathe it sometimes. Life is hard. Marriage is hard. Parenthood is hard. There are days that sometimes we wonder if we are even going to make it through. There are days we don't WANT to make it through. There are days we HAVE to make it through. We have at least 2 Happy Mommy readers that are going through unthinkable circumstances right now. I cannot fathom what they are going through. This blog gets looked at several times a day. Do you think each of you could write some words of encouragement for all of us moms that are dealing with "life's lemons" and can't seem to make any sort of lemonade at all?
The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't know that this is encouraging, but sometimes I think we just have to realize that the only "lemonade" we can make is to try to learn something from whatever our current trial may be. I mean, we have to go through it, it's not exactly optional, so we may as well get something out of it. I have found that I am a stronger person because of the trials I have gone through and am currently going through. It's not that I would choose them, but I also don't know that I would be who I am without them. We are all stronger than we realize because we are all daughters of God. Neither He or our Savior will forsake any of us. Jesus Christ alone knows just how alone we may feel in our darkest hours, because He alone has felt the pain of all mankind, individually. He may not be able to stand right beside us and give us a hug and tell us that it will be okay. But, he can give us a sense of peace when we pray for His help. He also can send earthly "angels" to be with us and strengthen us. He puts people in our lives who can be there for each of us during those times when we just don't think we can go on. I guess that's why it's so important that we all be there for each other. Sometimes we just need someone to tell us that we can make it! We are all stronger than we think! We're moms and as far as I'm concerned, that makes us all pretty darn amazing and pretty darn tough!
Well said, Amy. I hope that some moms on here can find some encouragement in your words, and hopefully you were able to listen to yourself while you were writing it! ;)
My mom always said that while she was raising us, she wasn't necessarily happy - it was SO hard. Not that she was unhappy, she was just really, really tired, frazzled, etc.
She said that it wasn't until after all of her kids were gone that she realized that being a mother and raising 7 kids was the thing that allowed her to practice the atonement daily. She said had she realized that during the child raising process, it might have put things in perspective.
Now, I know that doesn't help anyone make lemonade, but life really is all about perspective. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to take a step back and just like Amy said, we have to consciously pick out the things we're supposed to be learning or things we need to work on or even focusing on the things we've done really well (just so we don't get so depressed :)
Thanks, Erin! Well said! It does help make lemonade, because like you said, it is all about perspective. That is what I strive to do every day. Dealing with my bipolar and my depression makes that hard, but I have to remember this is only one small part of the whole plan.
Post a Comment