The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A little more on preparedness...

We just made it through Tropical Storm Edouard, and no major damage. On the last post I mentioned Mom and Dad's generator, and thank goodness they live next door! Our electricity was out for about 12 hours, but Mom and Dad have the generator that will power the entire house, so it felt like we had electricity...it was really nice. I think I want to move that up a little on my "wish list." We did not have to use any emergency items, but it was nice to know they were there. I think it opened my eyes a little, though, because it would be really nice to be more organized. This situation was a little different, since I could go back and forth to my house if I needed to, but if their generator had not worked for some reason, I would have probably had to pack up the kids and go somewhere else. I still had to get clothes and such together, so I think I will work on that.

1 comments:

Hartmans said...

We never lost power, but it sure was comforting to know that we had our generator on the back porch with 30 gallons of gas ready to go if needed. We have much to improve on as far as our food storage and emergency preparedness goes, but it is comforting to have family close by.