The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 22, 2010

FakeBook and MyFake....and Me!

Hello Ladies! I dont post alot but I read this blog alot! Praise to Alisa for creating a real social network so to speak for us to post and be real on! Ive decided to start my own blog. Im contemplating deleting my facebook and myspace accounts. Not because I feel they are bad. I just feel like unlike this blog where I come because I feel comfortable sharing and assured in reading true feelings. I feel facebook and myspace have become this thing where we "friend" people just to be nosey..not really to participate or be informed of anything. We judge and gossip (sorry just being real) about the happenings on said pages and have "friend" numbers of 532 of people we never really talk too. Anyways..Ive been struggling with it alot lately. Also it sometimes creates frustration...with lives that are painted PERFECT in everyway....the perfect husband, kids, house, vacations, more money than anyone can stand.....NOW..dont get me wrong. My posts or status updates can be a gag feast of friend appreciation and husband and kid love..but..I have some days that can make my church friends squeek with pain...lololol! Which is why I decided to start a blog for myself and my family. Where I can post recipes, craft projects and my thoughts(be afraid,,be very afraid..lol) and get feed back from people I know and dont really  know but that share my views or need help in a certain area! With that comes my thoughts of deleting my other pages...has anyone else struggled with Facebook and Myspace??? Just curious!

One last thing..my blog addy is dramamama0608@blogspot.com. Please follow me through my journey in life and tell anyone else about it youd like..the more women empowering one another the better!! I will post daily..sometimes twice so...enjoy!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I've been thinking about deleting my FB too. I mean, I fought even starting it up because I was afraid I would get addicted to it. And it is easy to lose myself on there when really I should be doing something else. On the flip side, I just found out via FB that a classmate of mine passed away a couple of mornings ago. Were it not for FB, who knows when I would have found out. But, I agree that it seems like people get to be competitive about how great their "status" is. And like you said, none of us seriously have 500 good friends! LOL Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog!

Nikia said...

Thanks Amy! You know Im secretly addicted to the Wagleys to Ill be following yours also!

Walker family said...

Ugh I wrote this long comment for it not to post...boo!

Well, I agree. social networks can be a big brag fest. Blogs can turn into the same kind of thing if you are not careful. I try to remind myself that I need to worry about me and not so much other people.

Amy is right who has 500 close friends? I couldn't even keep up with a social life like that. This will probably sound harsh but every once in a while I'll go through my friend list and un-friend some of the people I don't want to see. I figure if I don't want to hang out with a person in person then we don't need to be in each others business. keeping it real I guess! ;-)

I am excited to start reading your blog as well! I could definitely use some cooking ideas.

Nikia said...

Thanks Mary! Dont feel bad about the deleting thing. I do the same thing. If Im not close or at least talk with every once and while i remove people. I want a REAL social network! Now that I finally have a blog Ill be following you guys as well! Have a great day.

Alisa said...

Secretly addicted to the Wagleys?? lol You crack me up. I agree with the FB thing, though. I am going to try to do more blogging, too, but I try and keep my time limited on FB.