Are y'all back already?? Well, I am sure you can guess what I think. I have to agree with her, although I think she states it a little harshly and to the extreme. Lily has been in preschool since she was 3 and I think it did more benefit than not. I have thought about putting Tye in one, but it would be more for my benefit and my sanity. I still firmly believe that each child is different, and YOU are the only one that can make that decision.
We are back. I agree with you, Alisa. It is a desicion only I or the parent can make. I thought it was interesting not only because of her thoughts about kids not needing preschool(the many studies that have been done too) and blah blah blah but I didn't know that Obama wanted to make a preschool nationwide. At first I think (I bet most people do) AWESOME! Free preschool! But then I really think about it and I say No, Bad idea. Because I still want the choice. I want to choose to send my kids to preschool or not and what preschool they attend.
Obama wants to make preschool mandatory!?! That would be crazy! I certainly think that should be a parental decision. Like Alisa said, preschool did a world of good for Lily. But, that being said, she has special needs that I wasn't trained to address. If I had put Natalie in preschool it certainly would have been more for me than for her. Everyone tells you that being a mother will be hard, but no one tells you that sometimes it is sheer boredom! Along with the boredom, though, comes many blessings and moments with our children that we wouldn't trade for anything. At any rate, preschool should be the decision of well-informed parents, not the government.
I agree Andrea. LOL. Too many parents already send their kids to preschool as a form of daycare. We don't need a nationwide "rule" making every child go. More kids than not learn more at home than in the classroom as it is. I'm not against preschool by any means either. I plan on sending Bryce next year to get him used to be away at school before he enters K the following year.
Taking a parent's right away from them and making the choice for them when it comes to their child is heading into a wrong direction.
5 comments:
Are y'all back already?? Well, I am sure you can guess what I think. I have to agree with her, although I think she states it a little harshly and to the extreme. Lily has been in preschool since she was 3 and I think it did more benefit than not. I have thought about putting Tye in one, but it would be more for my benefit and my sanity. I still firmly believe that each child is different, and YOU are the only one that can make that decision.
We are back. I agree with you, Alisa. It is a desicion only I or the parent can make. I thought it was interesting not only because of her thoughts about kids not needing preschool(the many studies that have been done too) and blah blah blah but I didn't know that Obama wanted to make a preschool nationwide. At first I think (I bet most people do) AWESOME! Free preschool! But then I really think about it and I say No, Bad idea. Because I still want the choice. I want to choose to send my kids to preschool or not and what preschool they attend.
Obama wants to make preschool mandatory!?! That would be crazy! I certainly think that should be a parental decision. Like Alisa said, preschool did a world of good for Lily. But, that being said, she has special needs that I wasn't trained to address. If I had put Natalie in preschool it certainly would have been more for me than for her. Everyone tells you that being a mother will be hard, but no one tells you that sometimes it is sheer boredom! Along with the boredom, though, comes many blessings and moments with our children that we wouldn't trade for anything. At any rate, preschool should be the decision of well-informed parents, not the government.
Obama needs to jump in the lake! Well-informed, loving parents are the key....NOT government mandates.
I agree Andrea. LOL. Too many parents already send their kids to preschool as a form of daycare. We don't need a nationwide "rule" making every child go. More kids than not learn more at home than in the classroom as it is. I'm not against preschool by any means either. I plan on sending Bryce next year to get him used to be away at school before he enters K the following year.
Taking a parent's right away from them and making the choice for them when it comes to their child is heading into a wrong direction.
Post a Comment