The Six "Be's"- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 18, 2008

Upset tummies

Tye has only really thrown up twice in his life...and the second time was tonight. I think he had way too much sugar at the restaurant we went to tonight, on top of the fact that he refuses to chew his food...so full bites of boiled chicken were in there...along with half chewed cherries, and whatever else he had to eat. It was horrible. The sad part was, that I heard him calling me from my room, so I go in there and he just looks at it and says yucky. We get everything cleaned up, and he comes to bed with me. He watches tv for a few minutes, then I turn it off and tell him he needs to sleep. He tossed and turned, so I finally brought him to Michael who was still up. I turned around and got halfway downstairs and heard it...the dreadful sound of (well, I won't go into details). So, we did it all over again, and now he is sitting up watching Nemo. I felt so bad trying to get him undressed to bathe him, though, because I kept gagging...I finally had to wrap a towel around my nose to finish. He was shaking he was so cold, and I was doing the best I could, but it wasn't fast enough, poor little baby. Well, that was my fun for the evening. I'm going to try going to bed again!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh poor Tye! I hope he's feeling better. We had that in our house in Dec. It was horrible! It hit Bryleigh while I was driving in the car! It was so gross. I was on the side of the road (dark outside too), holding her and she was puking everywhere, only after it was everywhere in the car.
As a mom, it's the worst thing when your kids are sick and they look to you for help. I know I feel so helpless when that happens!!
I hope you guys start feeling better soon!!!

Amy said...

Poor Tye! And poor you, as well! I am not good at cleaning up vomit at all! The one upside to Lily's reflux is that when she does throw-up, there is no smell. I guess that's due to her Prevacid. But when Natalie throws up, I'm gagging the whole time. Thankfully, Coult would rather clean up after Natalie than have me puking everywhere too, so he cleans up the brunt of it. I sure hope Tye feels better soon! Give him a big get-well hug from all of us.